Thursday, January 31, 2013

Wednesday, 30 January: Whole30 Day 4

So, I've heard that the cravings are supposed to start today. Well, they did. Also, the husbands body has started it's battle with the food changes. He's caught a sinus thing and his tummy's a bit upset, too. We were both a little cranky this morning. He's not feeling well because he's sick and I'm a little emotionally sensitive because it's soon to be that time of the month. We both grouched at each other in the morning, ate food, grouched at each other in the afternoon, ate food, and grouched at each other again in the evening.

I'm craving dairy and sugars today. He's craving gluten and cheesy things. Late last night he came into the kitchen, skillet roasted a handful of almonds in coconut oil and we devoured the whole bunch of it with some raisins (which are technically a no-no, but I have no regrets). We felt much better and hashed out why we were both so surly. Today was harder on him than it was on me because he's in classes and he isn't feeling well.

Lesson learned: I need to have some more snacks on hand for when those cravings strike. Nuts and olives and kale chips are going to be my go to, and hopefully I can get some carrot chips made this week.

The food today was awesome, though. My hands are still in great shape, my nails are starting to grow again, and my face is slowly clearing up. I have about three noticeable "stress spots" left. I'm only cleaning my face with baking soda and water during this month, so we'll see if that helps. Knee pain was vaguely present this morning, but disappeared by the end of the day. Nothing to report on the weight front since I'm not stepping on the scale for a while still.

So let's get to what you really want: pics or it didn't happen!

The Menu


The Breakfast
Paleo deviled eggs made with Paleo Mayo.
I made six halves for myself and ate four before I got
the plate to the table.
Cucumber with lime and salt for some greenage.

The Dinner
Moar salmons!
The Finnish beet salad, normally a winner with us, was a flop.
Still searching for a sour cream substitute.
The salad with cranberries was delish, though.

And the Awesome...

Yes, coffee is a given in this house, and yes I like it black. But, Joanna, you say. That looks suspiciously like cream in your espresso!

...It is. Coconut milk cream. 

Refrigerate an unopened can of full fat coconut milk overnight. Open it up, scoop out the solid white part on top. Use a mixer to whip it up. Put some honey in that thing if you're not on Whole30. Eat by the spoonful. Save some for the coffee.

Also, the paleo deviled eggs are to die for. The husband and I were both totally satisfied with them.

So go, now. Go make healthy mayonnnaise and use it in a plain ole deviled egg recipe. Finish it off with spoonfulls of coconut cream. All your questions about the universe will be answered.

2 comments:

  1. I am definitely missing Alaskan salmon. You are lucky to have some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was lucky to get some sent to me by a very loving mother!

      Delete