Friday, February 1, 2013

Thursday, 31 January: Whole30 Day5

Today was not as bad as yesterday where the cravings are concerned. Also, the husband's upset tummy seems to have gotten better. I have a few spots on my hands that have the familiar old blisters, but they are very tiny and I didn't notice them until I was staring at my fingers in traffic. I'm leaving them alone and we'll see if they erupt. Skin still feels pretty tight, but not painful. Face is holding steady with a couple of smaller blemished making their appearance around my nostrils today?

My body is weird.

I'm not going to say that the cravings are gone. I made the mistake tonight of watching a documentary on the history of sugar in the UK. It was fascinating, but unfortunately it included a lot of shots of delicious candies and specialty chocolates. If you know the husband and me, you know that good quality chocolate is a weakness. I can't remember the last time I had a visceral reaction to food. It was startling. I was sitting there watching, and suddenly, images of chocolate turtle candies flashed across the screen followed by milk chocolate ads and fudge brownies. My mouth instantly began to water. I was salivating and couldn't take my eyes off the screen.

I'm going to take it as a good sign, that I used to be desensitize to it and wouldn't even notice a shot of chocolate on the TV, but that now my body reacts to it. I may still be addicted to it, but at least I'm aware of it now.


The Menu


The Breakfast
Thursdays are busy days around here- as you can tell, no garnish.
The husband took his coffee black, I tried mine with coconut milk.
Eh. It's better black.

The Dinner
Talk about dinner on the go! The husband had late classes, so dinner
came to him.

That last meal of the day is called Paleo Orange Chicken and it's from Health Bent Blog. I read the warnings that people posted about how they wished they had made a double batch, so I went ahead and made a double batch and put it all over steamed broccoli. Orange chicken and I then went to go see the husband at school.

Let's get a closer look at that...
Mmm.

Let's just say that I didn't have any leftovers to put away this evening. 

You should go read that recipe and marvel at how ridiculously easy it is. Took me less than half an hour from very start to putting it into a to go container.

No comments:

Post a Comment